In the next few days the House of Representatives will be voting on HB 207 and we need your help.
This legislation supports Montana’s network of Food & Agriculture Development Centers, which provide crucial business development services to Montana’s value-added food and farm-derived renewable energy entrepreneurs. The Food & Agriculture Development Centers are filling a critical role in establishing the entrepreneurial support system necessary to actually build the food production, processing, and distribution infrastructure needed to localize Montana’s food system and support the development and use of farm-derived renewable energy.
HB 207 just went through the Appropriations Committee and now needs a strong vote of support on the House Floor. Please contact your Representatives and urge them to vote YES on HB 207 – Montana’s Food & Agriculture Development Centers.
Please take 5 minutes to tell your Representatives:
- The Food & Agriculture Development Centers are part of an effective economic development strategy to help retain in-state the value that is added to Montana’s agricultural products.
- In its first year, the modest annual cost of the program has been leveraged nearly 40-fold into $9.3 million in grants, loans and investments for Montana businesses that the centers helped acquire.
- Collectively, the centers have served 100 new and existing businesses, and helped to create or retain over 130 jobs.
You can contact Representatives in three easy ways:
1) Call (406) 444-4800 to leave a message.
2) Send a written message using this online form.
3) Click here to find any Montana State Representatives using zip codes, and contact them directly.
Please contact Kevin Moore (406) 443-7272 for more information about HB 207 and the Montana Food & Agriculture Development Centers.