The Communications & Membership Manager is responsible for the development of regular and special event print and digital communication with members, supporters, partners, and the public, support of membership and fundraising campaigns, and management of the membership database. This position collaborates on many projects with both AERO staff and the AERO Board. This is currently a part-time (20 hours per week) position, with the possibility of extending the hours later in the year and receiving insurance benefits. The position will be located in AERO’s office in Helena and will report to the AERO Executive Director. Occasional evening work will be expected, primarily conference calls with the Board and Board Committees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assemble content and produce monthly e-newsletter
- Assemble content, develop and lay out quarterly Sun Times newsletter (print and online)
- Solicit ads and member classifieds for Sun Times
- Carry out monthly and yearly membership communication plans
- Update AERO’s website, develop new material and keep fresh and current
- Develop compelling content for the AERO Facebook page and other social media
- Support planning efforts for Annual Meeting and all AERO events, including outreach and advertising development
Support the Board of Directors in achieving fundraising goals, including completing specific tasks as assigned for new member and member renewal campaigns and working with the Board’s Fund Development and Communications Committees
If time allows and when hours are expanded, this position will be expected to:
- Develop, update, and send membership communication materials, including welcome packets, thank you letters, renewal letters, and appeal letters, as needed
- Keep membership database updated, as needed
- Thank donors and recognize donations received, as needed
- Perform office duties, such as answering phones, responding to email inquiries, receiving mail, and other tasks as necessary
- Additional activities as necessary
The ideal candidate will have a combination of a Bachelor’s degree and experience in communications, graphic design, nonprofit membership development, web design and development, and marketing. In addition, the ideal applicant will be detail-oriented, thorough, and self-motivated. The successful candidate will be familiar with AERO’s mission and excited about joining the AERO team. In addition, preferred qualifications include:
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks and work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated competence with a range of computer programs, including donor management software
- Graphic design experience or skills, including experience using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience in assisting with fundraising appeals and campaigns
- Experience in marketing and communications
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation starts at $13/hour, based on education/experience. Monthly reimbursement for a percentage of health insurance benefits may be available.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY:
Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. For best consideration, applications should be received by April 30, 2015. Application materials should include a letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position qualifications, a resume and contact information for at least three references. Examples of fundraising and/or graphic design experience, if applicable, may also be included, including posters, fundraising appeals, etc. These materials, as well as any questions about the position, should be emailed to the AERO Executive Director, Jennifer Hill-Hart, at [email protected].